This has been a fantastic year and its so hard to choose just 5 highlights from 2014. This is our best attempt at the top five: Which one’s are we missing? What would you like to add to this list? Did you visit us this year or did you see prayers answered even while being thousands of miles away? We would love to hear your highlights!
5. Successful Capital Campaign! When we didn’t even know we would be able to do a Capital Campaign this year. We experienced in great ways that God’s provision is more than enough!
4. Construction Project – Breaking Ground in late September, we dedicated the land, future building, and all Jubilee’s projects once again to the Kingdom of God. Construction has also meant being able to employ over 30 workers who are dads, uncles, and grandpas of our students. Many of them shared this was the first time in months or even years to find a regular job. One of the workers exclaimed, “This is the first Christmas since I can remember that I will have money to buy food and some small gifts for my family!”
3. You – Supporters, visitors, donors, friends, pray-ers who encourage and make the work possible! Your prayers, your calls, visits, emails, trips, donations constantly remind us and our staff that we are not alone in this work. Just a few days ago we received an expected phone call from a friend who said that he was moved by the Spirit to pray for us all day, and specifically for one of our teachers. It is an life-changing experience to depend on others deeply and see God’s hand through the support of His people in great ways.
2. Incredible staff –More than ever before our staff is growing in unity, with one purpose and one goal – to reach the children, families and community of La Era. “This place is so different from anywhere I have ever worked before.” When school was officially done for the end-of-the-school-year vacation, our teachers, on their own accord, decided they wanted to continue to help our principal with the online grading system and support various projects even during vacation time. We are so thankful for our wonderful teachers!
1. The little ones! We wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the children. Experiencing transformation in children like Chyla reminds us that God has incredible plans for each one of these kids! Chyla was struggling in all her classes and has repeated grades in the past. Her mom works 12 hour days and her father isn’t around. This year, after she started doing daily one-on-one tutoring she began to hand in her homework on time, show interest in her classes, and even have confidence in herself and God for the first time since she started school! Real life transformation is possible and children are a constant reminder that this is true.
Thank you for being a part of the Jubilee family. Thank you for celebrating with us God’s work in and among the lives of children and families of La Era! We look forward to what God has in store for 2015!